Music, animation, concerts, shows, workshops. A rich calendar of events for kids and their families in program this year in Venice. Here our selection for you:
Peggy Guggenheim Collection offers the Kids Day, free workshops aimed for children between 4 and 10 years of age. It takes place every Sunday from 3 to 4:30 pm. The project introduces younger visitors to modern and contemporary art in an accessible and engaging way, giving them the opportunity to learn and experiment with artistic techniques and themes.
At Casa Macchietta (Querini Stampalia Foundation) until March 21, kids from 5 years can approach the music in a creative and entertaining way through keyboard, song and instrumental accompaniment. The Civic Museums Foundation of Venice organizes free special events in Italian for families until May 2019. Palazzo Grassi – Punta della Dogana offers to families tools and guided tours inviting them to discover together the exhibitions. The activities will start on the occasion of the new exhibitions: La Pelle – Luc Tuymans at Palazzo Grassi from 24/03/2019 to 06/01/2020, Luogo e segni at Punta della Dogana from 24/03/2019 to 15/12/2019.
Not only for kids at Candiani Cultural Centre organizes activities and shows for children but as the title says, not only … for kids!.
Many plays and concerts for children and their families: Famiglie a Teatro at Goldoni Theater, Domenica a Teatro at Momo Theater, Instancabile Teatro at Groggia Theater, educational activities at Teatro La Fenice, concerts for families at Palazzetto Bru Zane until May. For all the events visit the events calendar!
Venice Carnival: Many events dedicated to children on the occasion of the 2019 Carnival. Here our selection for you:
- Ice Skating in Venice, Campo San Polo until March 5 2019
- From February 23 to March 3 2019 la Biennale di Venezia organizes the The International Kids’ Carnival at Ca’ Giustinian
- Mestre Carnival Street Show on February 23 and 24 and from February 28 to March 5 2019
- Carnival in Burano from February 28 to March 5 2019
- Parade Floats in Marghera on March 2 2019
- Flight of the donkey in Mestre, Piazza Ferretto on March 3 2019
- Best Mask Contest – Kid’s Edition on March 4 2019
- Kids’ Carnival in Zelarino on March 5 2019